Nordisk’s team consists of lawyers with considerable expertise and experience in all aspects of maritime law and general legal practice.
Nordisk often assists members and clients in matters outside the scope of cover and in non-contentious matters where the amount of work exceeds normal cover. Such assistance may involve:
- transactional work of all kinds, including sale and purchase, leases, newbuildings etc.
- disputes relating to officers and crew
- internal disputes, such as disagreements between co-owners, shareholders in shipowning companies, joint venture partners or managers
- negotiating and drafting pool or joint venture agreements
- negotiating and drafting building contracts, charterparties and contractual clauses
- advising on financial matters and competition and corporate law. Members and clients are billed for such services on an hourly basis in accordance with the Nordisk’s rates and billing practices